PCS to LinkedInUSAF

Click Here for
FLASH MESSAGE DETAILS

        

     Do you know who said the following quote?  E-mail me!

"Optimism (light) is the power that ultimately defeats fear (darkness)."

Wednesday, August 24, 2005


Lackland AFB History - Flight Photo Project

Wow, I just had an amazing evening. I was minding my own business, fixing some messed up windows software and updating my Adobe Arcrobat Reader software. Sheesh. What fun, eh?!

Then, I get this great posting from one of the team in the . Derek Kottke sent a link out to all of us about a historical project that Lackland AFB is doing. The Air Force Basic Military Training School has started a Flight Photo Project Lackland AFB History - Flight Photo Project. If you have a copy of your BMTS Graduation photo laying around, scan that puppy and forward on to the team at Lackland AFB!

Speaking of that, Derek got me so in to this that I scrambled up into the attic and snagged my photo. I scanned it, mushed it into photoshop, and got the photo off to the Flight Photo Project! I still remember some of the names -especially Lipscomb and Perbetsky, Airman Turner (our Rope), Vasquez-Gomez, our DI SSgt Serdinia (sp?) and our TI TSgt Smith. I was at Lackland Nov-Dec of 1981.

Memory Lane.

If they don't have your flight listed, and you have your BMTS photo laying around, why not grab it, scan it, and send it in! They will take only JPEG files that are less than 2MB (2000kb). Send out to this e-mail address: 37TRW.HO@Lackland.af.mil And make sure that you tell them about the flight, squadron number, and the month and year that you all graduated. You could even add a little extra info, if you are so inclined ...

Can't hurt.


Stay Tuned to ...

4 Comments:

At 9/12/2005 08:29:00 PM, Blogger LinkedInUSAF Founder said...

Wow! So, did you go off to Tinker AFB after that for AWACS? I headed off to Keesler for B.E.D. and then Nav Systems Electronics Training.

It is a small world!

 
At 1/05/2007 04:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just went back on the Lackland photos project and its gone. I did find the Lackland base website and some photos of very poor quality of flights.

I just found mine and sent it in but don't know why they dicontinued such a fine projects for us old folks.

 
At 2/02/2007 12:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Bob. It was a great project. I uploaded my flight picture from 77. Guess they thought they could save money. Hope they put it back up.

Mike Densing

 
At 9/08/2013 09:15:00 PM, Anonymous Chong said...

This is fantastic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Blog contents copyright © 2005 LinkedInUSAF                       EMAIL: LinkedInUSAF AT gmail DOT com