PCS to LinkedInUSAF

Click Here for
FLASH MESSAGE DETAILS

        

     Do you know who said the following quote?  E-mail me!

"Optimism (light) is the power that ultimately defeats fear (darkness)."

Wednesday, December 21, 2005


Christmas at Arlington National Cemetery

Our brave men and women buried at Arlington National Cemetery deserve this country's greatest thanks. Worcester Wreath Company's owner Morrill Worcester deserves this country's greatest thanks and warmest regards for the greater than 5,000 wreaths donated to grace the headstones of the fallen.

Here are the words, straight from Mr. Morrill Worcester himself:
"We couldn't do anything in this country if it wasn't for the people who gave their lives to protect us. It's a great honor to be able to come here and pay our respects."
This photo, and the volunteers who made it possible -- past and present -- brings the sacrifices made by everyone in the United States Military to the fore.


TSgt. Lisa Rodier has volunteered to help place wreaths to honor those that have gone before us. Hearing her describe her emotions and the fact that,
"You get a feeling you can't get from anything else"
What she said that struck me the most, and says it like it is,
"These people sacrificed their lives for me and my children, so why can't I sacrifice a little time for them?"
We shall never forget. We shall leave no one behind. We shall support to the end. We shall honor and protect the Constitution of the United States of America. We shall defend this nation from its enemies, foreign and domestic. We shall fight to end tyranny and oppression. We shall not waiver. We stand and fight. We stand together. We stand strong.




God bless the United States of America.


God Bless the President of the United States.

God Bless the

GREATEST VOLUNTEER FIGHTING FORCE
THIS WORLD HAS EVER SEEN!





UPDATE - December 22nd, 2005 [11:29a]


Thanks, big time, to Kit and her Beloved Marine for catching a HUGE oops in my post above. I was typing so fast I criss-crossed a statement and left out some very important words. I have changed a few sentences - please forgive my previous "gimbal lock" situation. :)

I want to thank the following folks for linking back to my little slice of the blogosphere:
Kit @ Euphoric Reality
Folks @ Freedom Folks
Bigshoulders @ Toungue-tied Lightning
SwiftVets @ SwiftVets and POWs for Truth
I thank you all very much for sharing your readers with me. I am sure that you all feel, as do I, that this is a very important and poignant photo. The U.S. Air Force has been kind enough to share it, and it is good that we all recognize the efforts of one man to draw other volunteers to honor our fallen brothers.

The story of sacrifice that everyone at rest in Arlington National Cemetery speaks volumes - for the World! There are many militaries in this world. A very small handful do what they do for others. An even smaller number have volunteers fighting the fight.

Our volunteers, the United States Military, jump into any fight because they know some day the fight may come home. And we will not rest until those that:

  • Want to hurt us
  • Hurt our families
  • Threaten our way of life
  • Destroy the strength and power of the AMERICAN SPIRIT
are vanquished and sent packing!

Remember, do not waken the sleeping giant. You just don't know what you'll be dealing with - but we do.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone.

God Bless.


Stay Tuned to ...

9 Comments:

At 12/22/2005 05:37:00 PM, Blogger LinkedInUSAF Founder said...

Thank you. And, THANK YOU for serving as well. I was that close (index and thumb fractions of an inch apart) from going Navy and Subs. The recruiter was ALL OVER ME! :)

But, my love for planes ran far too deep. No pun intended.

I love what you said, and how you said it. You'll be a quote in my posts, some day - just perfect.

Merry Christmas and God Bless to you too!

 
At 12/26/2005 02:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Army Vet to Air Force Vet:

Great idea to present a piece of our countries yearly Christmas a lot of people don't get to share or even know about. Started linking to several people - you being the one I discovered by going through the layers of links. Then I realized - people probably don't bother getting to the complete REAL STORY - so I took the link that showed me the picture FIRST and then directly to the actual story that too many layers were keeping people from finding. Should have gathered ALL the links (no one did that either - everyone had just a few) at the bottom of the post - BUT, this lazy "bod" was on the way to bed and left the MIDDLE MEN out! THANKS for being there and finding my post - it is nice to have your site in the comments!

 
At 12/26/2005 02:39:00 PM, Blogger LinkedInUSAF Founder said...

Well, it's everyone that just wants links to Michelle Malkin - more hungry for the top level than to keep to the source. Sad, but that's the way it works in the blogosphere, I guess ...

Thanks for stopping by, Chrys! I liked your site and wanted to drop a little "thanks for the Link-Love" from you to my site ...

 
At 12/26/2005 06:22:00 PM, Blogger GunnNutt said...

What a beautiful picture of Arlington! The wreaths and the snow make a stunning tribute to the angels laid to rest there. Great post.

 
At 12/27/2005 07:41:00 PM, Blogger Buck said...

I defy anyone to look at that picture and not get tears in their eyes.

Thank you.

 
At 12/27/2005 08:12:00 PM, Blogger LinkedInUSAF Founder said...

Buck, it's true, this photo has me ensnared. I had to use it again, in one of my postings above (CENTCOM wrap-up #9) ...

Thanks for stopping by!

 
At 12/23/2006 07:44:00 AM, Blogger Zoya said...

I was just at Arlington for my brother's funeral. The wreaths had not been put up yet but my sister sent me a link to your page and I am very grateful for all the volunteers that participate in this wonderful tribute every year. Thank you so much and may you have a blessed Christmas,
~Zoya~

 
At 12/23/2006 07:45:00 AM, Blogger Zoya said...

Thank you to all the volunteers who make this possible each year.
~Zoya~

 
At 2/08/2007 12:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who wrote the poem "Rest easy, sleep well my brothers"? I've heard it is an inscription on a gate on Arlington, but can't find an author credit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Blog contents copyright © 2005 LinkedInUSAF                       EMAIL: LinkedInUSAF AT gmail DOT com