PCS to LinkedInUSAF

Click Here for
FLASH MESSAGE DETAILS

        

     Do you know who said the following quote?  E-mail me!

"Optimism (light) is the power that ultimately defeats fear (darkness)."

Sunday, December 18, 2005


Argh - TAGGED by Gunn Nutt!

Alright, Gunn Nutt, Trix are for Kids!

Having been tagged with the Quirkiest-Meme by , I began to draw from friends and close confidants (yeah, I got those!). In review, I feel that, they're all WHACKED! Nothing is wrong with me one bit.

OK, maybe a small bit ... well, alright, 5 things at the MOST!

I do have one thing to say about this little blogism known as Meme-Chucking, when and why did this start? Did the first person to do this think that by "tagging" a friend that they'd become enamored and always be true? This is the web and bloggers can get links and trackbacks and HTs ... Meme-Chucking?

Talk like a Pirate day seems, better! Write like a Pirate? Ahh-Harrrr!!!

"Stagger, stagger, crawl, crawl, stagger ..." (name the movie - eh? betcha!)

When will this go the way of Shields and Yarnell? Memes are in parks and sometimes at lame office parties or even in those "B" Movies that come on real late at night on some indy-station in your home town, right?! How is it that this continues, with a sick twisted perversion known only to bloggers, without there being the Meme-Police (wasn't that a song by Cheap Trick) to save the day? Was the origin of this charade from that really bad line in Rocky Horror Picture Show where they all say, "Meme-Loaf Again?"

On to my list:

1.) Using the wrong word or idea in a sentence, where it doesn't really belong, as the conversation progresses. Take, well, Meme-Police or Meme-Loaf ... need I say more?
2.) Changing the definition of a word when I know the person using that word hasn't the foggiest when the context is right for the application of that word. This drives many of my friends and family insane. Although, it has brought many a friend closer - so, I still do it!
3.) Recounting movie trivia/monty python quips/mr bean gags/faulty towers scenes/Blue Collar Comedy Hour-isms/Star Trek (the ONLY one, no variants!) life lessons to no end, wasting precious time, and having a hoot doing it! I have been dubbed, "Walking IMDB", "Font of Useless Knowledge", and "Random Factoid". I apply the same sort of fervor for word-trickery (see Quirks #1 and #2).

4.) I've been told I should have been a lawyer because I won't let go of a point until all perspectives have been recognized. This is interminable and makes me an insufferable bore. I love the whole picture and continue to explore it - well, until I'm satisfied that I'm right and you know that that is true as well. Just agree, it's easier for all of us!

5.) I will carry out a gag to the end, poker face on, never giving up my comrades. Rules of the game first: if you go on vacation for longer than 2 weeks you are a target; nothing is sacred except pictures of family and expensive trinkets and awards; if you get wigged at the smallest of things, ohhhhh, you are a target; anything small and insignificant is included in the gag - no detail left out; if you think you're cool and sometimes "above" others, ohhhhh, you are a target; if you can take a gag, you are a target; if you can deliver a gag, you are a target. Two cases in point to be covered below in 5a and 5b as evidence, and 5c has random small gags.

5a.) COO is out for about 2 weeks over Christmas. He is a FREAK for his paperwork and loves order (as do I, so, he's a target!). There is a huge sale of Christmas decorations at ToysRUs - hmmmm, ammo. 3 hours later we have: a 5 week old Christmas tree is in his office fully illuminated; about 500-600 Christmas lights ALL OVER; a blow up Rudolf over his monitor on his desk; Christmas Kermit tacked up on his cork board with the old wreath around it; all is contracts and paperwork has been replaced by stuff from the recycling bin and some was shredded (with appropriate header and stuff to make him sweat); as a precaution, all contracts have been marked, filed, and stored in numbered boxes (by me, freak) so that he can continue without a hitch; ceiling to floor wrapping paper all the way around his desk and the old tree, with a big bow. Ahhh, art.

5b.) CEO leaves for 2 weeks to go windsurfing in some warm place (scum). He LOVES a good gag so he's a target. 45 minutes later (yes, really) we now have: 5 bags of sand, 4 2x6s, chaise lounge, pineapple drink, about 100 festive lights (some are reused from 5a above), Latin tunes playing 24x7; all were combined into a full desk area beach scene with a cheap Hawaiian Shirt on the back of the lounge chair. He used that setup for about 2 weeks before I tore it all down (investors were coming to visit). No animals were harmed in this gag, and no one in building management had to touch a thing - my mess, my responsibility!

5c.) Use rubber cement and glue EVERYTHING to the desk: phone, handset, keyboard, mouse, loose change, books (not legal stuff, just fun stuff), CDs, pencils and pens, tape dispenser, paper clip claw, random paper clips, rubber bands (there's a dichotomy rubber cement gluing rubber bands), and a few folders were glued to the organizer dividers. Block the transmit lead in the phone handset so that the target can hear the caller but the caller cannot hear them - use with caution! Reprogram the keys so that the wrong key is typed - Macs are great for this! Create a May Pole in the center of the VPs office with a coat/hat stand, toilet paper, and colored pens - don't forget the confetti! Installing desk drawers upside down or without draw bottom boards.
Sheesh, I've got tons ...

Anyway, for quirks, I have a few. Who has quirks out there? Maybe you?

Chromed Curses
Rightfielder
Silent Republican
Camp Katrina
In Training

You can bail on the Meme-Chucking if ya want. But, I feel that others should check out your blogs if they don't already. So, a little link-love goin' your way!


Stay Tuned to ...

6 Comments:

At 12/19/2005 05:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll resist the meme, if I may.

Instead, I'll spread something on to you. Here's a short, short film I made for Xmas:

http://www.anthologise.com/johnvslaura/

Not at all sappy with a twist at the end. Please share the link or even pop it on your blog

Cheers,
Brendon

 
At 12/19/2005 07:46:00 PM, Blogger GunnNutt said...

Because you've complained soooooo much about being tagged, and you've confessed to loving practical jokes, you know you will now be a target for everyone to tag!

Good answers! I'd love to work in your office.

 
At 12/19/2005 07:54:00 PM, Blogger LinkedInUSAF Founder said...

WHAT?! There are repercussions to Meme-The-Meme?! Dang ... and I thought this was just a friendly game of tag!

Target? The blogosphere is a target rich environment! But, there are only so many folks that humor the tagger. Ya know? Some taggees get bent outta shape - I had to be careful who to tag this time. I think I picked some good natured folks ... ???

 
At 12/19/2005 08:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, okay will think and do tomorrow!

Not that I have quirks or anything, I'm just sayin, being a good sport and all...

:-)

 
At 12/31/2005 11:30:00 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

Yeah, thanks for the tag there buddy. But you are a day late and a dollar short.

 
At 1/01/2006 02:45:00 AM, Blogger LinkedInUSAF Founder said...

Andrew,

Just thought you'd get a small kick out of it ... no biggie. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Blog contents copyright © 2005 LinkedInUSAF                       EMAIL: LinkedInUSAF AT gmail DOT com