PCS to LinkedInUSAF

Click Here for
FLASH MESSAGE DETAILS

        

     Do you know who said the following quote?  E-mail me!

"Optimism (light) is the power that ultimately defeats fear (darkness)."

Wednesday, October 05, 2005


The Pentagon, Branding, and LinkedInUSAF Launches

OK, holding back the need to just type like a madman!

Earlier this week I spoke with the Pentagon - yep, for real, no more Phone-Tag for both Captain Halfhill and I. My schedule has been so busy that it has been hard for the both of us to connect. Now that we have, I better understand why I cannot use the Hap Arnold Wings:



in our group badge on . One concern that the Air Force has is they are unable to regulate the speech and content being communicated via blogs, Yahoo! Groups like our Yahoo Group, and other personal websites. Even though I continue to keep the rhetoric and flaming to nil, I can understand exactly the orders that Capt. Halfhill must execute.

Still a bummer. So, I created a new one:



A huge THANK YOU to Captain Halfhill for taking the time out of her day to clarify with me, person to person, the situation. Dedication to her mission, and desire to keep me informed, is very much appreciated. Branding and messaging is very important for any organization, and I can respect the decision the Department of the Air Force has made.

And, then ...

While hopping around on the MilBlogs and messing with JP's new Milblogging.com site, I checked in with the Groups folks. I was wondering when I would get my group activated. I sent an e-mail to the person in charge of my account - 10 minutes later I get a response! Yeah, 10 MINUTES LATER! That was flippin' fast, I'm A Tellin' You!

Net-Net, is going to activate the LinkedInUSAF group on MONDAY! Yeah!!!

So, if you are a member, active duty or ex-USAF, get "Linked" to me or Derek Kottke. The instructions on how to get the LinkedInUSAF badge on your LinkedIn profile will be distributed within the LinkedInUSAF Yahoo Group. Link to us, then get in the group!

Stay Tuned to ...

2 Comments:

At 10/09/2005 07:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got an e-mail from the public affairs office at CENTCOM telling me that they came across my site and liked what they saw.

They then went on to explain they had upgarded their site and asked if I would I post an article (they provided) and a link back to them because the information they have been providing hasn`t been getting out to the general public.

In the MSN, "all the news that`s fit to print" doesn`t include anything positive about the war on terror, just the bad stuff.

Bad stuff happens, it`s a war. But CENTCOM has what, to me, is the good stuff.
The human interest kinds of topics that I can`t seem to find in media and online, unless I go to individual blogs.
This isn`t a plug. It`s just a "Heads Up" on an alternative news source.

 
At 10/09/2005 10:00:00 AM, Blogger LinkedInUSAF Founder said...

Thanks for the heads up! I have spent quite a bit of time on AF.mil, since I am a member of the Air Force Association. I get AF.mil notices in e-mail every so often ...

CENTCOM has some good stuff too, I agree! Congrats on them asking you to post a story and trackback to get some more exposure - for you and them!

Cool!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Blog contents copyright © 2005 LinkedInUSAF                       EMAIL: LinkedInUSAF AT gmail DOT com